October 6, 2015 DAY 34 OF 180
STUARTS DRAFT HIGH SCHOOL
COUGAR RETURN IS BACK TO BLOCK 2 TODAY.
OCTOBER is Dyslexia Month.
To show our support everyone is encouraged to wear something RED incorporated with the Spirit wear theme, which is DECADE DAY on Thursday, Oct. 15!!
“A Walk In The City”
Thursday, Oct 15 is DECADE DAY AND
FRIDAY, OCT. 16 IS SPIRIT WEAR DAY
HOMECOMING PARADE AND ACTIVITIES WILL BE HELD ON FRIDAY, OCT. 16 DURING THE FOOTBALL GAME AGAINST WILSON
HOMECOMING DANCE WILL BE HELD ON SATURDAY, OCT. 17 FROM 8 – 11 PM.
1) Because of having to change the date of the Homecoming Dance, you may still turn in sheets to bring an outside date. The sheets are available in the office and must be turned in by Tuesday, Oct. 13. Remember, NO MIDDLE SCHOOL STUDENTS AND NO ONE OVER THE AGE OF 20. Admission to the dance is $12 per person and you pay at the door.
2) Order forms for pictures at the Homecoming Dance are available in the office. If you wish to have pictures taken at the dance, please stop by and pick one up.
3) There will be 2 SPIRIT DAYS the week on Oct. 15 and 16. Listen for the announcements as to the attire on those days.
4) Juniors: If you would like to help with the Homecoming float, there will be a signup sheet by the cafeteria. We will be working all this week and next week.
DATES TO REMEMBER:
Oct. 12 Report Cards
Oct. 14 PSAT
Oct. 15 Grade Level Meetings
Oct. 15 Makeup Picture Day for Seniors and Underclassmen
Oct. 16 Homecoming Football game, parade and activities
Oct. 17 Homecoming Dance 8 – 11 pm
Oct. 21 Parent Conferences 6- 8 pm
Oct. 23 No School for Students Parent Conferences 8:30 – 11:30 am
DO YOU KNOW…….?
TODAY’S QUESTION: Camembert, Emmental, and Yarg are types of which food?
YESTERDAY’S QUESTION: What is measured in quires and reams? Paper
1) Jostens will be back sometime toward the end of Oct. to take graduation orders again. If you did not order last week, please get this taken care of. After Dec. 1 the prices go up considerably and you will have to do it online. We will announce the date as soon as we receive it from Jostens.
2) Senior Picture makeups will be on Thursday, Oct. 15. If you did not get your picture taken this summer, this will be the last time to have your picture taken at the school. Please make sure you get this taken care of so your picture will be in the yearbook. If you had your picture taken by an outside photographer, you need to make sure you have the picture into Mrs. Quesenberry by Thanksgiving break.
1) If you need BEHIND THE WHEEL, please see Coach Kirby, Coach Johnson or Coach Floyd ASAP.
2) ATTENTION ALL TEACHERS AND STUDENTS! If you have a friend or family member who has or is currently serving in the military, the SDHS Leadership Class would love to invite them to our Veterans’ Day Assembly on Nov. 10th. Please see Mrs. Bateman in Room 45 for more information.
3) The yearbook staff needs your help capturing this school year in photos! We can’t be everywhere and know we are missing great photo of school and out of school activities. Download the FREE REPLAY IT app and start sharing your action shots. Your photos may be featured in this year’s yearbook!
4) Attention all FBLA and Business Students: Please get your money and permission slip turned in for our trip scheduled for October 20. Seats are filling up fast! Please see any one of the business teachers with questions.
5) Anyone needing or wanting to have your school picture taken may do so on Oct. 15. This includes Seniors and this will be the last time that pictures will be taken. If you are an underclassman and need a picture envelope, stop by the office. Seniors will receive the proofs in the mail or online. You do not need an envelope.
6) FREE AND REDUCED LUNCH forms need to be turned into the office immediately. What you were using from last year has now expired and a new one must be filled out if you have not already done so. You can pick up a form in the office.
7) Do you have trouble remembering your best high school memories? Do you want to keep those memories close without having to take your photos? Then buy a yearbook!! They only cost $65 and are keepsakes that will last forever. Remember though, this is a limited time offer so get your yearbook ordered before Oct. 31. It’s easy! Just go to www.Jostens.com and keep your memories forever!
8) All SCA members need to meet in Ms. Blouses’ room Wednesday at 8 am for a brief meeting.
1) GOOD LUCK to the Volleyball teams as they travel to Riverheads tonight!!
OTHER COLLEGE VISITS COMING UP:
Wednesday, Oct 7 Mary Baldwin College
Tuesday, Oct. 13 Longwood Nursing Program
Are you interested in a career in nursing? Kendra Beyeler, a 2013 graduate of SDHS who is now a junior at Longwood College will be here next Tuesday, October 13th during Cougar Return. If you'd like to learn more about Longwood's nursing program or just hear about what it's like to study nursing, see our career coach, Mrs. Wrangler for your pass. Students must request a pass to attend this session!
Wednesday, Oct. 14 Virginia Tech
All college visits are held during Cougar Return and is open for all Juniors & Seniors. This is an excellent opportunity for all interested students to meet with College Admissions Counselors and get a firsthand account of what the school is looking for in an application and what programs are offered.
Students must get a pass from Mrs. Halterman PRIOR to the day of the visit!
DETENTION Begins at 3:20 and runs until 4:00 pm No Detention on Mondays and Fridays.
1) Detention will be with Mr. Burtner in Room 2 today and Wednesday and with Mrs. Bussey in Room 33 on Thursday.
MONDAY TUESDAY WEDNESDAY THURSDAY FRIDAY
Taco w/ cheese Chicken and gravy Breakfast bar Pizza
Chicken nuggets BBQ Cheeseburger Catfish