Open Enrollment for 2017 Plan Year
WHAT”S HAPPENING IN 2017:
- Aetna will remain the health insurance carrier for medical claims
- Benefit design will remain unchanged
- Overall health insurance rate increase of 10.2%
- School division will continue to pay 100% of the Employee Only Low POS Plan premium
- The school division will begin subsidizing dependent premiums
- Important Change: For employees covering their spouse, an affidavit confirming the spouse does not have affordable coverage available to them will be required.
- Important Change: The premium differential for employees that do not complete the annual preventive physical will be discontinued. Although the school division encourages employees covered by our health insurance policy to take advantage of the FREE preventive screenings, it has become increasingly difficult to manage. The December 30th premiums will reflect the updated rates.
Prescription Drug Benefit:
- Effective 1/1/2017, pharmacy benefits will be provided through Express Scripts (administered by RxBenefits, Inc.)
- Participating employees will receive new ID cards separate from the Aetna medical card
- For help go to the Express Scripts Website or contact Member Services at 1-800-334-8134.
- Maintenance medications are available through Express Scripts mail order pharmacy.Delta Dental Insurance
- Dental Insurance rate decrease of 2.5%.
- Plan design remains unchanged from 2016.
Flexible Spending Account participants must re-enroll. This includes Medical Spending and Dependent Care Accounts.
- Type benefits.plansource.com into the address bar of any internet browser, or;
- From the Augusta County Schools home page, under Site Shortcuts, click on “Plansource Benefits Enrollment”
HOW DO I LOG-IN TO PLANSOURCE:
Go to Benefits.plansource.com.
User name consists of:
- First initial of your First Name
- First six characters of your Last Name
- Last four (4) digits of your SSN
- Your birth date in format YYYYMMDD
OPEN ENROLLMENT MATERIALS: Changes, new enrollments and plan terminations for open enrollment will require online enrollment for the various benefits. Employees can view and download a copy of all materials at www.augusta.k12.va.us/benefits.
EFFECTIVE DATE OF COVERAGE: All open enrollment elections will have an effective date of January 1, 2017.
HELPFUL INFORMATION ABOUT OPEN ENROLLMENT
· Flexible Spending Account participants must re-enroll each year as these do not automatically renew.
· Flexible spending account deductions have the first contribution amount deducted from the January 31, 2017 payroll.
· Payroll deductions for insurance changes made during open enrollment will take place on the December 30, 2016 payroll.
· Members enrolling in new insurance plans should receive their ID cards by January 1, 2017.