Augusta County Schools Educational Technology Plan for 2011-2014here). The plan focuses on five goals that address factors recognized to support effective technology use:
- Appropriately and adequately designed environment
- Meaningful engagement
- Purposeful application of tools for learning
- Use of authentic technology tools to extend learning capabilities
- Authentic and intelligent assessments
- Improve ITC Literacy, including knowledge and application of Internet Safety and Digital Citizenship, among all stakeholders.
- Offer additional online learning opportunities for students and staff.
- Explore and implement access to mobile devices as learning tools.
- Restore funding for a systematic replacement cycle of existing technology and the deployment of new technologies.
- Continue evaluating technology tools that maximize use and minimize cost.
- Increase staff awareness of technology resources and uses that are more student-centered.
Many thanks to those who completed technology surveys last spring and and to those who served on the various subcommittees responsible for writing the plan.
Updated: May 23, 2011