Mrs Shiflet's Daily Schedule
Daily Schedule-After the 1st 9 Weeks
7:50-8:10 Children arrive to school (go to the cafeteria)
8:10-8:20 Settling in
(Attendance, lunch count, unpack, take care of
notes and money, announcements)
8:20-8:45 Calendar and Math Review/Read Aloud
8:45-9:15 Power Up
9:15–9:45 Math and Center Time
(Writing, housekeeping, blocks, reading corner,
puzzles, dramatic play, art, science table,
listening, computer, math manipulatives)
9:50–11:20 Reading Groups
- Reading groups are a compilation of mini lessons and break out daily 5 stations.
- Each mini lesson and Daily 5 station are approximately 10 minutes each.
- Mini lessons will be a whole group focus on the language arts SOLs
- Daily 5 stations: Read to self, work on writing, word work and teacher time
- Daily 5 stations will primarily focus on the students learning their letter names, sounds, breaking words apart and putting them together, concept of word, and comprehension.
Day 1: Music
Day 2: P.E.
Day 3: Library/Computer Lab
Day 4: Art
Day 5: Music
Day 6: P.E. / Library/ Computer Lab
Day 7: Library/Computer Lab
Day 8: Art
Day 9: Music
Day 10: P.E.
Day 11: Library/ Computer Lab
Day 12: Guidance
***WRE will be EVERY OTHER Tuesday
1:40-2:00 Social Studies/Science
*On Day 6 and 12 in the rotation the schedule will be slightly different. The students will go to specials 1:30-3:00.