Welcome to the WMHS Attendance Information Page!Good attendance is crucial to each student's success. We often receive questions regarding attendance procedures. Please use this page as a reference:
Attendance is now being rated by the Virginia Department of Education as part of our yearly state accreditation. Students with ten or more absences, excused or unexcused, will impact our school’s attendance rating. Good attendance is crucial to each student’s success and we appreciate your support of your student’s attendance and our attendance policies and procedures.
As we frequently receive questions regarding attendance procedures. Please use this page as a reference:
When a student needs to be absent:
- The parent/guardian should call the school (886-4286) between the hours of 7:30-9:30 a.m. or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 9:30 a.m.
- The parent/guardian should send a written note within 3 days of the student's return to school as a follow-up measure. Students should turn the note into the office by 8:05 AM.
- All pre-arranged absence requests must be submitted in writing at least 24 hours in advance.
- If the absence will be 1-2 days in length, the email or written note to the office will suffice.
- If the absence will be 3 or more days in length, please complete the “Pre-Arranged Absence Request” form which can be found in the main office. This form, completed by the parent and including all teacher signatures, is due at least 24 hours in advance of the first day of absence.
Thank you for your cooperation and communication regarding your student's absences. Please call us at the school anytime with your questions.