COMMUNICATION IN THE WORKPLACEThis class is designed to teach the basics of communication as it relates to the workplace. Topics will include written, oral, non-verbal and electronic communication; listening; employer expectations; conflicts and how to handle them; calming angry customers; and the components of an effective job search.
By the end of this class you will:
- have developed a resume
- demonstrate good interviewing skills including wage negotiation.
- know how to write a performance evaluation and a business letter.
- understand job applications and how to complete them.
- be able to understand and deal with criticism.
- make a 5 minute presentation to the group.
- any additional information the group requests.