During this Cold and Flu Season a few reminders to keep your kids healthy.
- Get the yearly flu vaccine
- Practice good hand hygiene including washing hands with soap and water at least 20 seconds, washing after coughing or sneezing, and using alcohol based hand sanitizer if soap and water not readily available.
- Practice good respiratory hygiene including, using tissues to cover the mouth and nose when sneezing or coughing, dispose of tissue immediately in trash can, if you don't use tissue, cough/sneeze in upper sleeve, not your hands, and wash hands after coughing or sneezing.
- If your child is sick with fever, they need to be fever free for 24 hours without medication before returning to school.
- If having vomiting and diarrhea, they should not return to school until its been 24 hours from their last episode of vomiting/diarrhea.
Thanks for all your help as we fight against the spread of viruses. Augusta County schools work collaboratively with the Staunton/Augusta Health Department to help keep your kids healthy and in school.Attached are tips on when to keep your child home as well as tips on staying healthy. Good health and good attendance will facilitate success in academics.Please remember if your child has any medical issues, please contact the school nurse . We need to be alerted to your child's health needs here at school so we can make any accommodations. Please contact the school nurse for documents that need to be completed.
Last Modified on February 6, 2019