AUGUSTA COUNTY PUBLIC SCHOOLSREGULATIONS FOR PUPILSRIDING SCHOOL BUSESSafety Tips For Students
Riding a School Bus is a Privilege - NOT A RIGHTAugusta County Transportation Department1-540-245-5143Augusta County Public Schools Office1-540-245-5100
- Arrive on time with school supplies in backpack.
- If you drop anything outside the bus, leave it. Get permission from driver before picking it up.
- Speak quietly, talk to driver only in an emergency.
- Walk as far off the road as possible, to the left facing traffic.
- Accept a ride only if your parents or school officials have approved.
- Go directly to the bus stop and remain until the bus arrives.
- Wait quietly and far off the roadway as possible.
- Check traffic, wait for driver's signal to board, and check traffic again.
- Know where the danger zone is and walk at least 10 giant steps away from the bus.
Last Modified on February 13, 2020