Art Studio Expectations
The Big Ones
1. Respect yourself, your classmates, and your teacher.
- Be seated and working when the tardy bell rings.
- When the teacher is talking, pay attention.
- Be sure your priority is your artwork, (not your social life).
- Use materials safely.
- Continue to work until the teacher says “clean up”.
- Leave things cleaner than you found them.
- Everyone should be working on Bell Work before the tardy bell rings.
- Look on the SCREEN for what to do each day. Begin work immediately.
- When you are ready to TURN THINGS IN, they go on artsonia, then with the rubric on the “TO BE GRADED” cart.
- When VISITORS are in the room, be on your best behavior.
- If you FINISH WORK EARLY:
- Complete any make-up work
- Begin another assignment
- Complete Service Hours for NAHS
- If you need to use the BATHROOM, ask. You must sign out, and sign back in when you return.
- If there is a FIRE DRILL, we leave quietly out the A-Wing doors and line up quietly by the fence.
- You must CLEAN UP by putting everything back in its “home”, and cleaning your table with cleaner and a paper towel.
- You are DISMISSED when the teacher dismisses you, not the bell. Please stay at your seats until the bell rings.
- Do your own work. You are encouraged to give verbal advice or “constructive criticism” to one another as you work. Never EVER touch another student’s artwork. “Helping” in this way is considered cheating.
- Stay out of the storage room/cabinets unless you have the teacher’s permission.
- Cell phones and other electronic devices should be put away and not in use (unless you have been asked to use them by your teacher). Cell phones go in the cubby provided and random grades may be taken to be sure directions are followed. If you are allowed to listen to music, headphones must be out of your ears when the teacher is talking. Videos are never allowed.
- Please help conserve art materials and equipment. These materials are expensive and are in limited supply for the use of about 100 art students a day.
- Equipment not required for your current assignment is off limits.
How much do things count toward my final grade?
Minor Assignments: 40% (includes but not limited to Visual Journals, Sketchbooks, Bell Work, Tests, & Quizzes)
Minor Assignments: 40% (includes but not limited to Cleaning Jobs, Bell Work, Tests, & Quizzes)
*If a student does not complete one major project in any class (or is missing more than four Visual Journals in Art 2 or more than four Journals & Sketchbooks in Art 3), they will receive an incomplete for the semester.
Art Curriculum Writer
Graphic Novel Author
Magazine Layout Designer
3D Product Design
Special Effects Makeup
Primary/Elementary Art Teacher
Middle/High School Art Teacher
Art Supplies Retailer
Urban Designer/Town Planner
Digital 3D Modeller
Special Effects Designer
Video Game Designer
Display and Exhibition Planner