- Character Building
Key Club members strive to better themselves and those around them through service and leadership opportunities. We are active in the community and work with the Shenandoah Valley Kiwanis Club.
We seek students willing make a commitment of at least 10 service hours per school year. Our club is open to all students in grades 9-12.
Dues are $15 per year--some of which funds international efforts--and members receive a certificate. After 10 service hours, members earn a pin.
Key Club is a fantastic way to learn about yourself through the service of others. Many of our members include this experience on their resume and college application. Participation is gratifying and rewarding.
PREVIOUS & ANNUAL SERVICE PROJECTS
- JEANS FOR TEENS Annual collection
- TEACHER APPRECIATION: Cupcakes, Cleaning teams, Notes of appreciation
- VALLEY MISSION: Annually serve a meal and help with a breakfast
- STUDENTS REBUILD PROJECTS
- Made bookmarks that will earn money and be donated to literacy programs in underdeveloped countries
- Made and sent pinwheels to help with education
- Made helping hands artwork to benefit children
- Made paper sea creatures for art display advocating for ocean health and environmentalism
- ROADSIDE CLEANUP: coordinate with Environmental Science Club and NHS to maintain a section of road in Greenville
- HOMELESS HELPERS: Collected and created bags of necessities to donate to Valley Mission
- YOUTH REBUILD DAY: Annual day spent improving and repairing homes in our community
- KING'S DAUGHTER'S NURSING HOME: Annually help Kiwanis Club with Bingo on St. Patrick's Day