7:50-8:00 Children arrive to school (go to the cafeteria)
8:00-8:10 Travel to classroom and settle in (Attendance, lunch count, unpack, take care of notes and money) Breakfast is served in the classroom
8:10-8:15 Pledge and Announcements
8:15-8:30 Morning Meeting
9:30-9:50 Center Time
(Writing, housekeeping, blocks, reading corner,
puzzles, dramatic play, art,
listening, computer, math manipulatives)
9:50-11:10 Reading Groups-
- Reading groups are a compilation of mini lessons and break out daily 5 stations.
- Each daily 5 station is approximately 20 minutes each.
- Mini lessons will be a whole group focus on the language arts SOLs
- Daily 5 stations: Read to self, work on writing, word work and teacher time
- Daily 5 stations will primarily focus on the students learning their letter names, sounds, breaking words apart and putting them together, concept of word, and comprehension.
11:10-11:20 Morning track/snack
Day 1: Library/Computer Lab
Day 5:Library/Computer Lab
Day 9:Library/Computer Lab
Day 11: Art
Day 12: PE/5 C's
***WRE will be EVERY OTHER Thursday
12:50-1:50 Math/Calendar Time
1:50-2:00 Pack folders/Read Aloud
2:30-2:55 Unit- Science and Social Studies
*On Day 6 and 12 in the rotation the schedule will be slightly different. The students will go to specials 1:30-3:00.