Course Description: This course will provide students with hands on introduction to Technology transfer/ Cabinetmaking. During their study students will be provided with experiences that will include various aspects of Furniture construction. This will include the following: Sketching, Drawing and, Joinery. . Students will also learn the correct techniques for using tools safely. Students will work on several projects to demonstrate their proficiency.
1) Notebook(s) Students are required to have a notebook and bring it to class everyday.
2) Attendance. This is a hands on course. In order to complete it successfully you must be in the room working.
3) 10 Wood joints.
4) 1 Lathe project
5) Individual Project
Grading: The final Grade will be based on a combination of the following:
1) Drawings/ Bill of Material for individual project.
2) Wood joints, graded on a scale of 1-10.
3) Tests, there will be a series of Safety tests that students must school a 100% on.
4) Daily work- Students are expected to be working on one of their projects every day
5) Lathe project and Individual Project in lieu of a final exam
There will be a minimum of 1 Saturday class offered every semester.
1) These are not mandatory
2) 3 people minimum sign up
3) You do not have to sign up to show up but if you sign up you better show up
If you/ your parents are not happy with the grade you receive and you have not showed up for after school or for a Saturday classes, we have nothing to discuss
**IMPORTANT NOTICE** The instructor will be available at least one day a week after school. However the week that grades are due is not the best time to make up work that you have failed to do.