Enrollment Instructions for Parent/Guardians of New Students
1. If you reside in our district and would like to enroll your student, we encourage you to call and make an appointment in advance. If your student is already enrolled in an Augusta County school, we will need all updated contact information and proof of residence in our district. You can update the information on Parent Portal. Parents/Guardians of students transferring to Buffalo Gap High School from a non-Augusta county school will need to complete the new family registration link on the Augusta County School’s website at www.augusta.k12.va.us.
Click Register Online and then click on
2. Complete all information required.
3. To complete the registration process, a natural parent or legal guardian of a new student to Augusta County will need to provide the following documents:
- Birth Certificate (§22.1-3.1 of the Code of Virginia);
- Immunization Records (§22.1-271.2 of the Code of Virginia);
- Admission Statement (§22.1-3.2 of the Code of Virginia);
- Proof of Residency in the Buffalo Gap High School district;
- Documentation of a Current Custody Order and/or Legal Guardianship (if necessary);
- Certified Transcript from Previous School;
- Current Schedule & Transfer Grades (if enrolling during the school year).
Students transferring from another state or division may also need to provide appropriate medical/health documentation.
A homeless student or a student placed in foster care by a social service agency has a thirty (30) day grace period to produce and/or confirm required documents. As a school and a division, we will collaboratively work with students in these situations in order to best meet their needs upon their enrollment.
4. Once the above steps have been completed, records will be requested from the previous school and we will contact you by phone to set up an appointment to complete the registration process (schedule your student’s classes, etc.) We will contact you when we have all of the information we need to proceed.