Course Description: This course will provide students with hands on introduction to Technology foundations. During their study students will be provided with experiences that will include various aspects of Technology. This will include the following: Sketching, Drawing, Modeling and other techniques for prototyping. Students will also learn the correct techniques for using tools safely. Students will work on several projects to demonstrate their proficiency.
1) Notebook(s) Students are required to have a notebook and bring it to class everyday. This notebook is for class room notes and will provide the material for the student portfolio.
2) Attendance. This is a hands on course. In order to complete it successfully you must be in the room working.
3) Portfolio. This will be turned in as part of the final grade. Many colleges and technical schools are now requiring students to submit a sample of their work prior to acceptance. This portfolio will provide the students with a Resume of their work for employers as well.
Grading: The final Grade will be based on a combination of the following:
1) Drawings, graded on a scale of 1-10. Any student who is not satisfied with their may, as time permits, make corrections and resubmit the drawing. This may have to be done after school.
2) Tests, there will be a final exam. This will be a combination of hands on ability and knowledge.
3) Research Papers: The instructor may assign up to 2 research papers over the course of the year. These will be included in the first and second marking grades. Specific details will be provided with the assignment.
There will be a minimum of 1 Saturday class offered every semester.
1) These are not mandatory
2) 3 people minimum sign up
3) You do not have to sign up to show up but if you sign up you better show up
If you/ your parents are not happy with the grade you receive and you have not showed up for after school or for a Saturday classes, we have nothing to discuss
**IMPORTANT NOTICE** The instructor will be available at least one day a week after school. However the week that grades are due is not the best time to make up work that you have failed to do.