Materials and Processing Technology
Students focus on physical materials and processes as they fabricate usable products and conduct experiments. Learning experiences include career and analysis as well as the use of tools and equipment related to analysis, testing, and processing of metals, plastics, woods, ceramics, and composite materials. This is recommended for students interested in technical careers and others wishing to improve their technological literacy.
- Activities in this course:
- Materials and Applications in relationship to design development.
- The design process and plan development and drawings using sketches, board drawings and CAD.
- Measurement and Layout Tools.
- Tool use and safety.
- Additive and Subtractive Prcesses used in Manufacturing.
- Wood materials processes and project.
- Plastics materials processes and project.
- Metals materials processes and project.
- Production Project.