Art 1 is a Foundations Course. We will be focusing on Art Making, Art History, and Art Criticism throughout the semester, with a special emphasis on foundational art techniques such as drawing, painting, and basic sculpture.
Students are expected to have the following:
1. Sketchbook (9x12" spiral or hardbound - NOT glue bound!)
2. 3 ring binder
3. Drawing Pencils - #2 wooden pencils or a set that ranges from 2H to 6B (helpful for shading)
4. Pink Pearl or white Mead eraser
Optional (but highly recommended!)
- Set of colored pencils - (Prismacolor is a great brand)
- Black ink pens (rollerball or gel ink, not ballpoint) - Micron pens are great!
Each student will be provided with a designated storage area for materials and projects.
Parents please feel free to join our Remind group for updates on upcoming due dates, reminders for projects, and for an easy and secure way to communicate with me with any questions you may have. Email me or ask your student for the class code!