Values are sets of beliefs about aspects of living and interacting with others. Values serve as a guiding force for our teams and provide us a sense of direction as individuals within them. Our program values:
Attitude – Players are respectful to the rules, officials, opponents, teammates, and self; they remain positive, enthusiastic, and supportive while remaining in control of their emotions.
Effort – Players demonstrate commitment to the team’s plan, have confidence in their and their teammates play, and concentrate on the details.
Teamwork – Players use effective communication and are a cohesive group. They display this by supporting every member of the team “we before me” on and off the field.
A "principle" is acceptance of something as truth or a belief that a certain standard or rule is not up for debate. These remain consistent throughout our seasons and provide a solid foundation for our members. Our program principles:
- We are not selfish, envious, or egotistical.
- We have complete control over our physical and mental readiness and take responsibility for it.
- We strive to be our best selves and share it with the team no matter what.
- We mean no offense and take no offense.
- We desire to make the best decisions on and off the field.
- We are relentless in making our time together filled with memories that will impact us positively for the rest of our lives.
- We strive to win but will not sacrifice our values and these principles for the scoreboard.
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude. (Zig Ziglar)
The comeback is always greater than the setback. (Carli Lloyd)
If you want to go fast go alone, if you want to go far go together. (Anonymous)