What is Dual Enrollment?
Dual enrollment classes are Blue Ridge Community College courses taught at VCTC during the regular school day. Classes are taught by high school teachers who are also BRCC adjunct faculty. Textbooks, syllabi, and workload are comparable to college freshman-level courses.
Dual enrollment classes can save you a significant amount of money; students pay only 20% of the tuition. Dual enrollment courses vary by program.
Dual Enrollment Requirements:
- Be high school junior or senior (Sophomores and freshmen can apply for exception).
- Meet dual enrollment admissions criteria
- Apply for admission to BRCC
- Permission of parents or legal guardian
- Meet all prerequisites of course
Dual Enrollment Courses Offered at VCTC:
- Teachers for Tomorrow
- Veterinary Science
- Criminal Justice