Mrs. Morris’s Classroom Procedures and Expectations Plan
- Be on time and in your seat with all supplies needed at the beginning of class.
- Begin the bellringer as soon as the bell has run.
- Listen the first time rules or instructions are given.
- Respect others, their space, and their belongings.
- Be quiet and listen when someone else is speaking
- Treat yourself and everyone else with respect with your actions and language!
- Ask permission to leave the classroom for any reason- the teacher retains the right to ask you to wait for an appropriate time to leave the room.
- Students are expected to follow WMHS Portable Electronic Device procedures. This means cell phones and/or similar devices are off and out of sight.
Expectations: Be ENGAGED!
E: Always put forth your best effort
N: Noise level should remain appropriate for the activity
G: Always Give Respect to others ideas and opinions. We will be learning about a lot of
differing cultures, ideas and views and all will be given respect. Debate will be respectful
A: A positive Attitude goes a long way to individual success and a positive class community.
G: Setting both short and long term Goals will contribute to success!
E: Be Efficient- using your time wisely will result in more time for student choice activities.
D: You should always be Doing the assigned task and not working on other things or
If You Choose to Break A Rule:
1st Time: Verbal warning.
2nd Time: Student/Teacher Conference after class.
3rd Time: Phone call or email home to discuss behaviors.
4th Time: Discipline slip to the office.
Extra credit (teacher’s discretion)
Praise, formal recognition
Severe Disruption: In cases of fighting, use of profanity, destruction of property, disrespect shown toward an adult, cursing, and/or insubordination the student will automatically be sent to the office. (** Please note that the school has a tardy and no hat/hood policy that will also be enforced. For details, see the student handbook.)