Title I provides federal funding for schools to help students who are behind academically or at risk of falling behind. In order for these students to reach their highest potentional, the program utilizes preventive, early intervention, and remedial instruction.
- Increase the reading and language arts levels of our students
- Assist students in achieving the Virginia SOL's
- Instill in children the love of reading and writing
- Instill in children the desire to be lifelong learners
- Maintain open and on-going communication with the families
- Increase Parent Involvement
- Continuously update our instructional resources
- Differentiate instruction for all children in our program
- Utilize and update our technology resources
- Utilize assessments to improve instruction
- Utilize small group as well as tutorial styles of grouping
- Increase collaboration between Title I and classroom teachers
Riverheads is a Schoolwide Title I school. Here are a number of important documents relative to our Title I status that we want to share.
You can access the division's Title I website here.