• If you would like an appointment with our GRASP Advisor, Susan Arritt, please email your WMHS Counselor.

    Financial Aid Process

    • The financial aid process begins by completing a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form online at www.fafsa.ed.gov. In order to complete this form you will need the following information:
                    Your Social Security Number and your parents Social Security Number.
    • Your driver's license number, if you have one.
    • Your Alien Registration Number, if you are not a U.S. Citizen
    • Last year's federal tax information or tax returns (including IRS W-2 forms) for you and your parents
    • If you have not yet filed your tax return, you can still submit your FAFSA but you must provide income and tax information and correct the information once you file.

    You and your parent(s) will also need to apply for a PIN (personal identification number) at www.pin.ed.gov. This PIN allows you and your parent(s) to sign the form electronically. Keep this number in a safe place as you will use it each time you renew your FAFSA.

    Additional Resources

    Hope Scholarship and Lifetime Learning Tax Credits
    Federal tax credits for qualified individuals

    Online Money Management Library
    EDFUND’s Online Money Management Library is a series of streaming video sessions designed to enhance your money management skills.

    The Student Guide (PDF)
    The most comprehensive information about individual financial aid programs published by the U. S. Department of Education

    The Smart Student's Guide to Financial Aid
    Scholarship databases, explanations and tools

    Paying for College: Tax Benefits and Savings Options - PDF
    Tax tools that can help you meet the cost of college.

    Selective Service Administration
    Males over 18 must be registered with Selective Service to receive Federal student aid.
    Educational Credit Management Corporation (ECMC)
    Up to date information concerning Federal Stafford and PLUS Loans
    Financial Aid for Study Abroad
    Interested in studying abroad? This site contains information on possible financing options.
    VASFAA is an organization of individuals who assist students who are searching for funds with which to pay for their post-secondary educations and others who are active in a financial aid-related profession.