GRADES PreK – 5
Teacher: Mrs. Joy Hogshead
STUDENTS and PARENTS,
WELCOME TO ART!
We have an exciting year planned this year for your Art classes. We will be working with various mediums including paint, color pencils, oil and soft pastels, and water colors to name a few.
We have gone over all of the classroom rules and procedures during art class, so please review these basic rules and come to art class prepared:
· To focus and be creative
· To follow instructions
· To be responsible with the art materials
· To be respectful of others and their work, and
· To have fun
These art elements will be explored through drawing, painting, coloring, constructing, sculpting, and assembling.
* Art supplies will be provided unless otherwise notified.
* Students will bring their art home with them throughout the year. Artwork will also be displayed by
class in the halls of the school.
IMPORTANT ART SAFETY PRECAUTIONS:
· Use scissors and pencils correctly. Failure to comply will result in a disciplinary action.
· Never blow soft pastel dust off of the paper. Take your paper to the trash can and gently tap the dust into the trash can.
· Do not touch the kiln (CHES) without teacher permission and/or supervision.
· Do not put any art materials in your mouth.
· Wear appropriate clothing on Art class days.