Open Enrollment for 2020 Plan Year
The open enrollment website contains all the information you need to make an informed decision about your health plan, dental plan, and flexible spending account selections. We encourage you to review your coverage options and choose the plans that are right for you. This is your once-a-year opportunity to enroll, make changes, or terminate coverage during the Open Enrollment period.
WHAT'S HAPPENING IN 2020:
- Aetna will remain the health insurance carrier for medical claims
- Benefit design will remain unchanged
- Aetna health insurance premiums will increase 3.1%
- School division will continue to pay 100% of the Employee Only Low POS Plan premium
- The school division will continue subsidizing dependent premiums
- Important: If you change your health insurance plan and add a spouse, an affidavit confirming the spouse does not have affordable coverage available to them is required during the enrollment process.
Prescription Drug Benefit:
Delta Dental Insurance
- Express Scripts will remain the pharmacy vendor (administered by RxBenefits, Inc.)
- Pharmacy ID cards are separate from the Aetna medical card
- For help go to the Express Scripts Website or contact Member Services at 1-800-334-8134
- Maintenance medications are available through Express Scripts mail order pharmacy
- Dental Insurance rates will remain unchanged
- Plan design remains unchanged from 2019
Flexible Spending Account participants must re-enroll. This includes Medical Spending and Dependent Care Accounts. The annual maximum Health Care Reimbursement limit is $2,700 and annual maximum Dependent Care Reimbursement limit is $5,000.WHERE TO FIND INFORMATION:OPEN ENROLLMENT MATERIALS: Changes, new enrollments and plan terminations for open enrollment will require online enrollment for the various benefits. Employees can view and download a copy of all materials at www.augusta.k12.va.us/benefits.EFFECTIVE DATE OF COVERAGE: All open enrollment elections will have an effective date of January 1, 2020.PLANSOURCE WEB SITE LOCATION:
- Type benefits.plansource.com into the address bar of any internet browser, or;
- From the Augusta County Schools home page, under the Staff section, click on “Plansource Benefits Enrollment”
- See next section for log-in information
HELPFUL INFORMATION ABOUT OPEN ENROLLMENT
· Flexible Spending Account participants must re-enroll each year as these do not automatically renew.
· Flexible spending account deductions have the first contribution amount on the January 31, 2020 payroll.
· Payroll deductions for health and dental insurance changes made during open enrollment take place on the December 31, 2019 payroll.
· Members enrolling in new insurance plans should receive their ID cards by January 1, 2020.