Welcome to Mrs. Truslow's Kindergarten Class!
We are about to embark on a new year together. No matter what challenges are thrown our way, we will work together to create a fun, learning environment for your child. I love each of the babies that enter my classroom as my own and I am excited to foster their smiles and independence as we grow and learn together.Communication SlipsBe on the lookout for my weekly Communication slips for details about what is happening in our classroom.I'm happy to answer any questions or concerns you may have!Feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.orgHomeworkHomework will begin after a month or two after school begins. I promise it isn't going to take your entire evening. A little goes a long way.Is your child ready for Kindergarten?Here is a list of things your child can work on before coming to school.These skills are also great for younger children to be working on at home.
- name writing
- cutting on the lines, cut paper for fun
- coloring neatly
- count to 30 and identify numbers to 10
- know a few letters and letter sounds
- use correct three-finger grasp when writing/coloring
- know all the letters in their name
- name basic shapes and colors
- rhyme words
- use the restroom independently including washing hands without a reminder
- sit for a story for 5-10 minutes
- clean up after themselves
- share materials and toys with others
- listen and follow 2 step directions
Units of StudyWe will spend SS/Science time learning about....School and Bus SafetyButterfliesMe/FamilyColors/ShapesFallApplesFire PreventionMagnets/ColumbusPumpkinsBats/SpidersLiving Long AgoUS/ElectionsNative Americans/PilgrimsNursery RhymesThanksgivingSensesReindeerTreesArctic/WinterBearsFamous LeadersMoneyShadowsHealthy Teeth/HeartMoney/PresidentsWeatherDinosaursVirginiaPlants/SeedsSpring AnimalsEggsFrogsEnvironmentBirdsPetsWild AnimalsFarm AnimalsOcean AnimalsWater/Summer SafetyPlease feel free to email me anytime ator call 245-5043
Please send your child's clear folder to school every day.
Check and empty your child's folder daily.
Each student needs to bring his/her own snack daily.