General Electronic Resources
IXL - Math - I am very pleased that many of my students are taking advantage of this website over the last 2 weeks. Your child is VERY familiar with this site and can navigate it mostly on their own.
- IXL log in - your child should know their 6 digit number to log in. Please let me know if you need it again. Use this website to log in - the “@augusta” part is already there for you. https://www.ixl.com/signin/augusta
- Make sure you are on the Kindergarten tab.
- Students are welcome to work on any skills they would like, but will also recommend specific skills/work in each week's update that is above.
Kids A-Z - www.kidsa-z.com These are the exact same books I would be using to teach your child in the classroom. I sent photos to every family of your child’s log in specs. Please let me know if you need it again. I set up exactly what level I want your child reading. I highly recommend your child use it every day.
- Pick a book to read.
- Listen to it first, then read it on your own, then take the quiz.
- Follow this same process for each book listed on the screen. Then your child will be moved up to the next reading level. How awesome is that?! There are many skills being taught in these books - author’s purpose, cause and effect, classify information, compare and contrast, identify setting, main idea and details, problem and solution, and inferences.
Sight Words - all, am, are, at, ate, be, black, brown, but, came, did, do, eat, four, get, good, have, he, into, like, must, new, no, now, on, our, out, please, pretty, ran, ride, said, saw, say, she, so, soon, that, there, they, this, too, under, want, was, well, went, what, white, who, will, yet.
These are the most commonly seen words in kindergarten level books. Reading becomes much easier and quicker when these words are masters. Make your own sight word cards, just like we used this year. Go over these words every day. Hang them up on a wall and/or cabinet so that your child sees it often. Each time they walk by it, they can stop, touch it, say it, spell it, and say it again.
Click here for more sight words Scroll until you see the green chart. Focus on lists 1-4. Begin adding in new words once your child has mastered lists 1-4.
ABC-Ya! -Free! Work on letters, numbers, holidays, strategies, and skills! Fun times on this site! They love it. https://www.abcya.com/grades/k
Starfall - another very familiar reading site for your child. https://www.starfall.com/h/index-kindergarten.php
Scholastic Learn at Home - https://classroommagazines.scholastic.com/support/learnathome/grades-prek-k.html