Nature of the Position
To execute policies and assist the superintendent in the task of providing leadership in developing, achieving, and maintaining the best possible support programs and services.
- Supervise those areas outlined in the Augusta County Organizational Chart.
- Oversee the special permission process for school attendance areas, homeschool applications, and student attendance.
- Oversee the Student Information System department.
- Work with Executive Directors involving transportation, operations and maintenance, and student services.
- Revise annually the Augusta County School's Administrative Manual.
- Maintain a database on student enrollment.
- Chair the Discipline Committee while overseeing student discipline.
- Chair of the division's School Safety Committee.
- Oversee the partnership with our School Resource Officers.
- Assist in developing boundary lines and school attendance areas.
- Work with principals in operation of schools.
- Assist in resolving public grievances.
- Assist with division-wide planning, implementation and evaluation of Standards of Quality (including the Six-Year Plan and School's Annual Plans).
- Complete required division reports and handle special assignments.
- Act as a member of the building committee.
- Oversee approval of Distribution of Materials.
- Oversee all Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests.
Dr. Douglas W. Shifflett, Jr.