Technology Education Department
Bufffalo Gap High School
The Technology Education Program provides experiences that lead to the development of technologically literate students. Students take courses to prepare them for technical or professional programs of higher learning which includes trade schools, community colleges, colleges and universities. Consistant with their abilities, interests and educational needs, students completing technology education classes will achieve the following:
- Comprehend the dynamics of technology, including its development, impact, and potential
- Employ the technological processes of problem solving, creating and designing
- Analyze the behavior of technological systems and subsystems including the tools, materials, processes, energy, time, information, and people involved in systems.
- Apply scientific principles, engineering concepts, and technological systems in the processes of technology.
- Discover and develop personal interests and abilities related to a wide variety of technology oriented careers.
Courses offered :
Classes for Grades 9-12
Materials and Processes
Classes for Juniors and Seniors
Technical Drawing and Design
Blue Ridge Community College Dual Enrollment Computer Aided DraftingClasses
Grades 11-12 ( Grade 10 with permission and special approval )
Basic Technical Drawing and Architectural Drawing (3 college credits each - 6 credits total ) 1 Semester
Engineering Drawing I and Engineering Drawing II ( 3 college credits each - 6 credits total ) 1 Semester
Student who complete both semesters are eligble to recieve a Career Studies Certificate from Blue Ridge Community College