2019 Summer School for High School Students
Dates: June 3 - 21, 2019
Location: Beverley Manor Middle School
Required Class Time: 8:00 am-noon
Flexible Lab Time: noon-2:00 pm
No tuition fee for 2019The Augusta County High School Summer School program is designed to provide opportunities for students to repeat courses that they failed during the previous school year. High school level courses are provided through online instruction with teacher assistance. Students are required to attend half-day sessions daily for three weeks. Flexible lab time is available in the afternoon.
Summer School Expectations:
- Classes are being provided on a hybrid model: online instruction with teacher assistance.
- Student will attend the all required sessions.
- Required Session 8:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. daily
- Flexible Lab Time: 12:00-2:00 (If not attending, parent note required.)
- Not attending the first day of class (June 3) will result in removal from the program.
- Transportation will NOT be provided by Augusta County Schools. Student/parents are responsible for transportation to and from Beverley Manor Middle School.
- If absent, a parent is required to provide a written reason for the absence.
- If absent for more than 2 days, the student will be dropped from the program.
- If tardy for more than 4 days, the student will be dropped from the program.
- Student will receive a course pacing guide outlining the timeline for successfully completing the course. Student must complete work at home as well to maintain an appropriate pace. Not keeping pace with completing assignments may result in being dropped from the program.
- Any student who is non-compliant with Summer School staff or is not making adequate progress for course completion may be withdrawn from the program.
Contact your school counselor for enrollment information.
Enrollment deadline is Wednesday, May 29, 2019.