2018 Summer School for High School Students
Dates: June 4 - 22, 2018
Location: Wilson Middle School
Required Class Time: 8:00 am-noon
Optional Lab Time: noon-2:00 pm
No tuition fee for 2018!!The Augusta County High School Summer School program is designed to provide opportunities for students to repeat courses that they failed during the previous school year. High school level courses are provided through online instruction with teacher assistance. Students are required to attend half-day sessions daily for three weeks. Additional lab time is available in the afternoon.
Summer School Expectations:
Course Offerings:English 9, 10, 11, 12 Algebra I (part 1 & 2) World Geography Earth ScienceGeometry (part 1 & 2) VA & US History BiologyAFDA Government EcologyEconomics & Personal Finance
- Classes are being provided on a hybrid model: online instruction with teacher assistance.
- Student will attend the all required sessions.
- Required Session 8:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. daily
- Lab Time: 12:00-2:00 (OPTIONAL). If staying for lab time, students will need to bring their own lunches.
- Transportation will NOT be provided by Augusta County Schools. Student/parents are responsible for transportation to and from Wilson Middle School.
- If absent, a parent is required to provide a written reason for the absence.
- If absent for more than 2 days, the student will be dropped from the program.
- Student will receive a course pacing guide outlining the timeline for successfully completing the course. Student must complete work at home as well to maintain an appropriate pace. Not keeping pace with completing assignments may result in being dropped from the program.
- Upon arrival, cell phones will be collected and returned at the end of each day.
Contact your school counselor for enrollment information.
Enrollment deadline is Friday, May 25, 2018.