Stuarts Draft High School
“Home of the Cougars”
Goal 1: Continue to improve student achievement and promote the success of all students:
- Continue to implement the “Cougar Return” block to enhance intervention, remediation, enrichment, and study hall efforts for all students.
- Try to limit students’ being called out of regular class time, utilize CR time for speaking with students
- Monitor and further improve the quality of the remediation program for students needing support for SOL testing/retakes:
- Maintain all standardized test scores at or above county and state requirements
- Differentiate and individualize remediation efforts to fit students’ needs
- Ensure remediation schedule does not interfere with academic courses to the extent possible
- Quicker turnaround for expedited SOL retakes
- Provide enrichment opportunities for gifted and talented students:
- Gifted and Talented coordinated activities
- Focus on freshmen class and foster momentum over their career
- Promote advance level courses
- Promote dual enrollment and AP courses
- Explore character traits training opportunities:
- Offer leadership seminars for students not involved in clubs
- Continue to monitor our “Cougars Not In Good Standing” policy to raise the average daily attendance percentage to 94%:
- Strengthen the unexcused tardy policy
- Complete buy in from all staff on tardy policy to class
- Continue collaboration with vertical teams to ensure academic success of all students.
- Administrators and counselors meet with the middle school for student scheduling and to discuss educational and / or behavioral concerns in an effort to promote student success and to lower the drop-out rate.
- Ninth grade English and Math teachers meet with eighth grade Language Arts and Math teachers to discuss eighth grade progress monitoring data and discuss positive interventions.
Goal 2: Continue to improve the overall instructional and student environment:
- Improve current In-School Suspension program
- Assign one staff member to lead ISS the entire day.
- Ensure assignments are made available for students to work on while placed in ISS.
- Continue to educate and inform staff on the 5 C’s PBA’s, PBL, interdisciplinary/cross
- Make school visits
- Provide professional development opportunities at SDHS
- Have teachers create a lesson that incorporates the 5 C’s
Goal 3: Continue the implementation of the Digital Conversion initiative:
- Revamp existing Technology Committee to include administrator and ITRT.
- Research and develop ongoing staff development opportunities
- Continue educational opportunities for students to utilize technology throughout all subject areas.
- Utilize student gmail accounts
- Google Drive capabilities
- Using Google accounts to enhance classroom learning
- Google classroom
- Increase staff and student awareness of proper and safe use of school and personal Devices.
- Continue education on “appropriate” use of technology.
- An educational approach versus a zero tolerance approach