Step into a World of Reading 2019-2020
The library program has some exciting opportunities in store for your child this year:
- Our program will be promoting the very best of children's literature to your child with activities designed to help students enjoy the stories even more.
- We will be doing our very best to get (or keep) your children "hooked on reading" by recommending specific reading materials to each individual.
- We will add 100 or more new titles this year of the latest and most exciting new books for young readers, including quality non-fiction to help meet the Standards of Learning requirements.
- At each grade level, students will be learning research and technology skills specifically suited to their developmental needs.
- We will be working with classroom teachers to help them find materials especially suited to the individual interests and abilities of your child.
- Library lessons will stress good Digital Citizenship, helping your child make safe and ethical decisions when using the Internet.
- The new Chromebooks in the library will be available for reading e-books this year!
- Our "maker-space" and STEM materials are available to all children who want to be creators.
- We have a lot of special events being planned, including book activities like One Book, One School, a book fair, and reading contests.
- If you would like to volunteer to help in the library, please let me know. I’d love to have you.
I am ready and excited about this coming year and I am committed to making the library your child's favorite place in the school!
email@example.comCreated by Tammy Perry, School LibrarianUpdated July 30, 2019Questions? Contact the Webmaster